Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dreams and Lessons

Last night I dreamt that I was running around/setting up at work somewhere or volunteering at a event. I was walking around with a lady with a thick accent. Almost like she would be from Yugoslavia or Russia. All day she kept talking about a pain in her right side. On our way back to our post we were walking past a huge receptionist desk, like one you would see at a hospital, a huge curved desk/counter. We were halfway past the desk when she stopped dead in her tracks grabbing her side. She was in so much pain she couldn't even speak. I yelled for one of the receptionists behind the desk to call 911. The receptionist hesitated, glanced at me almost suspiciously, and I told her again to call 911. The second time she actually picked up the phone. My attention went back to the lady in pain who was now saying, “Today is not today.” I got the impression she was trying to say today was not a good day for this to be happening since we had so many thing to tend to. However, in her broken English and heavy accent it came out, “Today is not today.” –end of dream

For some reason that sentence REALLY stuck with me even after I woke up. I knew it was significant! As I was ironing my clothes I realized I had picked out a red top with stars and stripes all over. It's the kind of shirt I might wear on the 4th of July or Memorial Day. I thought how appropriate it was that I was wearing it on 9/11! Then it hit me, today is 9/11 … "Today is not today" spoken by a lady with a Russian accent. I really feel it has something to do with the September 11 attacks or future attacks. Lord please bring wisdom and understanding.

Lesson from the Lord: I was running around this morning looking for a particular head band. When I couldn't find it I spotted another one and I grabbed it to use it instead. As I headed to the bathroom to put it on I looked on the floor near my night stand and saw the one I was originally looking for! However it wasn’t an “Oh there it is moment!” I felt like the Lord was REALLY highlighting this moment. Like He was speaking, “Don’t settle for second best. Push until you find what you are looking for.” Pretty cool. I love little life lessons from the Lord.

No comments: