This has certainly been a season of reconnection for me. Finding long lost high school friends, running into folks I haven't seen in years, my best friend moving to GA after 10 years of living in separate states. Tangent - It all hasn't been fun and games though. I'm finding people are struggling, hurting, weary from battle (mental, relationships, spiritual, etc...)
I recently reconnected with an old roommate of mine on Facebook. One day I felt impressed to message her. I'd chatted with her before but this time the Lord was really impressing on me to really talk to her and find out what was going on in her life; bypass the superficial. I sent her my two sentence message and received in return an entire page of what was happening in her life! She desperately needed someone to talk to! What was most surprising was at the end of her long letter she said, "Maybe you have a prophetic word for me?" First of all I had no idea she believed prophetic words let alone knew they what they were b/c of the ignorant religious mindset we had been brought up in, lol. I was sad to disappoint her by telling her no. Then I decided to get bold and exercise my faith. I asked the Lord to give me a word for her.
Long story short, He did and I passed it on and that "word" was the confirmation she was waiting on to completely change directions with her career and catapult her into a deeper walk with God. Talk about being humbled. I almost never emailed her b/c I didn't realize the initial thought was God's prompting me.
Since then, we have committed to be prayer partners believing God for similar breakthroughs and direction. Yesterday while at IHOP I spoke with her over the phone and there was desperation in her voice for direction; the next step she should take. I told her we would press all day for answers. I went in to prayer and the Holy Spirit took me to Psalm 28:2,
"Here my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as lift my hands towards you most Holy Place!"
Wow! With head bowed I started praying that scripture over the both of us. I'm not sure how long it was but when I lifted my head my bible was not longer at Psalm 28:2 but on a completely different page! This time the Lord zoomed me into Psalm 32:8,
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel and watch over you."
He is so faithful! He honors prayers in numbers. When His children cry out together and in unity I believe He accelerates answers and blessings. Do you have a prayer partner? Get one! Or maybe even two! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment