For the last few months I have had the dardest issue with my cell phone. I'm sure many of my friends, e3 partners, mentees, and business partners can attest to this. Just in the past few months alone I've gone through about 5 phone chargers, 2 car chargers, dropped my phone in the toilet (not fun), and had cell phone malfunctions where the screen would get "snowy" like a TV with no cable. But, of all the issues, the one that has been most reoccurring has been the message on my screen that says, "Unable to charge."
I don't know how many times I've been fussed out by friends/mentees that haven't been able to reach me and my response to them would be "my phone died." I actually got tired of hearing myself say it. Even as I type this, I am without a charger since I left it on my Tres Dias weekend and am currently in the process of tracking it down. SHEESH! Praise God for the flea market on 41 that sells car chargers for $5 and outlet chargers for $8! My phone has definitely been "under attack", lol.
The Lord gives me a lot of songs/melodies in the wee hours of the morning - in between sleep and fully being awake. So when I wake up, in an effort to not forget, I usually use the voice recording feature on my phone to get them recorded. It has worked like a charm. When I find time, I transpose them onto sheet music and file them until I figure out what I'm supposed to do with them. So when all these phone issues hit I started to get concerned because I absolutely cannot lose the dozens of songs on my phone!
Over the years I've noticed that my phone doesn't keep its charge for long. I can fully charge it but within a few hours it would be beeping at me out of juice! This was a phone that used to be able to hold its charge for days! Now the most bizarre of all the issues was when I'd get the "unable to charge" message. How was it possible that I'd plug my phone in and it would give me that message...?
Well today I felt like the Lord really spoke to me through this issue. I felt Him saying I'm in a time of transition. The things that used to sustain me and carry for a while are no longer going to be as effective. I'm moving into a deeper level that requires more juice. It will simply use up the "charge" more quickly. I can try to plug in to Him every now and then however; I'd be back quickly for more energy for another "charging" session, if you will.
Right now b/c I've lost my latest charger, I'm using my husband’s MP3 charger for my phone. The only catch with it is I can only use my phone while it's plugged in. The second the plug disconnects from the outlet or the phone from the charger my phone shuts down. IS THAT A WORD FROM GOD OR WHAT! He is saying to me - so it is with our relationship. In this new season, isolated charging is not going to be sufficient. So many believers only think about Christ when they attend Sunday service or Wednesday service. Some of the more mature believers only think about Him during church service and during their quiet times. I believe Abba wants to move us all into a place where we are constantly plugged in and constantly aware of His Presence and promptings.
That's a tall order that will only be successful as we pray for grace to be so in tune. Abba loves us so much. He desires for us to be aware of Him ALL DAY LONG, not like that rolled up charger in the corner that you only pull out when you need it.
On another note, I was thinking that when your phone is charging you have limited access with it. If it's plugged into the Living Room outlet you can't walk and talk in the kitchen while your phone is charging. But that's just the protection of Abba isn't? If we would stay plugged into Him at all times we probably wouldn't wind up in places we shouldn't be. He is the outlet, the Source, He'll move when He's ready to. Our job is to simply sit and rest and His feet then follow wherever He leads.
You can only lose track of your charger if you aren't plugged into it. If your phone is plugged into the charger then you always know where your charger is. Since the phone represents your life just think about it. Do you lack direction? Wonder what your purpose is? Confused about the next step? Or do you lack peace? Well then I'd ask where is your "Charger" today? Is it in the Sunday corner? Or was the last time you saw it this morning during your quiet time or last night during your quiet time?
God is so funny! Just now as I was wrapping up He reminded me of the Glade commercial jingle. So that is what I will end this post with today. I encourage us all to, "Plug it in, plug it in..."
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment